Updating Apache using Cpanel EasyApache
EasyApache is a pre configured script that allows you to easily update Apache Web server through WHM or SSH.
In this tutorial we will show you how to update apache using SSH /scripts/easyapache.
Root SSH access to your server
Login as root through SSH.
1) Login to your server and su - to root.
Select the options you want for your configuration
3) Type in 6 and press enter
You will be show the config options to build apache with.
4) Press space bar to select/deselect which options you want, use arrow keys to move and enter to go to sub menu.
Go to PHP module options
5) Move cursor to PHP and press enter. You will now see more options you can select.
Finishing Config options, Once you have selected your config options for Apache.
6) Exit, Exit, Yes to safe config
Apache will recompiled with your options and modules
7) Wait for it to complete, this takes 15-30 minutes depending on the speed of your machine and options selected.
8) You should see a message that says “httpd started ok”. This means you’re good to go and Apache is done!
Check your websites to ensure everything is okay and working properly.
Go back to step 2 and change your options in the configuration, sometimes things don’t work. If that doesn’t work selecting minimal options then don’t select Option 6 in step 3, instead select Option 5 or even 3 depending on your needs.
Similar Articles : Change All Packages Themes cPanel/WHM, Change All User Themes cPanel/WHM, Official cPanel/WHM Newbies Guide, Updating Apache Using cPanel/WHM Easy Apache, Extended Exim Logging, Linux Apache ASP for cPanel/WHM, How to Hide Bind Version cPanel/WHM, Fix cPanel/WHM Quotas, Disabling Password Reset Option cPanel/WHM, Setting up Private Reseller Name Servers, Installing DrWEB antivirus cPanel/WHM Linux, Properly Reject Invalid Email, Securing /tmp partition, Force Secure Login cPanel/WHM SSL, Default Index cPanel/WHM, Modify Bandwidth Exceeded cPanel/WHM, Use Exiscan to Scan For Viruses, Fix Log Rotation Problems cPanel, Installing mod_bandwidth For the Ultimate in Apache Utilization Control, Linux Distributions, UNIX Flavors (Distributions), Installing and Configuring CSF Firewall